CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (7)

Teaser Tuesday, a meme hosted by Should Be Reading is really easy and fun to participate in. All you have to do is:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser
 Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey

In fifteen minutes we managed to break every old piece of dishware down there, until the floor was a jagged carpet of smashed pottery.  When there was nothing left to throw, I sank to my knees and started to cry, the kind of huge, gulping, embarrassing sobs that make you blotch and shaky.  Mom settled down beside me, pulling me into her body until  my face was pressed against her shoulder, and I had to wonder if she'd thrown things when Dad left, if she'd felt this alone and helpless.


I have very mixed feelings about this one so far.  The writing is lovely, and I think the premise is really, really fascinating, but I don't like the way it seems to be going with the hot new guy.  I think this could be a lot more powerful if he did not exist.

What're you reading this Tuesday? Feel free to link in the comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous

I just finished TFiOS like an hour ago and I don't know what to do with myself and all these feelings. :P

Lexie

I NEED TO FINISH THIS AND FINISH TFIOS SO WE CAN SHARE ALL THESE FEELINGS WITH ONE ANOTHER.

Post a Comment